Friday, March 20, 2009

I've Been Thinking...

I had a very different and emotional experience today. But it was inspiring. We had an assembly called "Rachel's Challenge". About the story of a girl killed in the Columbine shooting. The basic message of the presentation was to simply be nice to people and not to put judgements on someone you don't know. It's a very good message and the way the presentation was put together really touched everybody. Of course a bunch of girls were crying......but I know boys who cried during this, high school boys that were crying. Ha, that's when you really really know how powerful it was.

Near the very end, the presentation brought focus to a new area. They had us close our eyes and remember all the people that we loved and that were dear to our heart. And they told us to contact these people as soon as we could to them how much we loved them. That's what I really got out of this assembly. Ever since this morning, I've been thinking of all the people in my life that I care for and really couldn't live without. I've told most of them.

But I have this feeling that this inspiration we're all feeling is just a high that will wear off in a few days. I don't want that, because then the whole purpose of the assembly will have been defeated and for nothing. They told us they would have us sign a big poster and put it up in the school as a reminder, but we'll see how that works out.

I don't know about anyone else, but I truly love experiences like this. Moments that make you cry. But that's not it. I love it, but it's got me thinking all day. I'll probably have me thinking all of tomorrow. And all of the next day. I love it when a presentation or experience like this is so powerful that it can have that sort of an effect of someone.

"Yesterday is gone. Today is almost over. And tomorrow isn't promised."

No comments:

Post a Comment