I went to a jazz band competition this last thursday and friday in Powell, Wyoming! I had a lot of fun and met some pretty amazing people! The drive was about seven hours....but we found ways to entertain ourselves! All in all we watched six movies, 3 there and 3 back. We watched them in this order: Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail (boy the whole bus was quoting this one!), Batman Begins, Bolt, School of Rock (Conner and Karly were quoting this one and it was about as funny as the movie!), The Pink Panther, and National Treasure 2. We also like TONS of crazy pictures! Anyway, the actually jazz band part of it was fun! We recieved pretty good scores. I mean, this is the second biggest jazz band competition in the west and we were 3 points away from getting superior scores. That's pretty good!! And Alyssa, Kade, and Alexis received outstanding soloist awards. We also went to one of the most amazing concerts ever! The headlining band was a jazz group called the Horn Heads. There were two trumpets, one trombone player, and two saxaphone players. There were a professional group out of Minneapolis and they did things that I didn't even know you could do with instruments! It was awesome! The group that opened up for them were equally amazing! They were an a capella group out of Denver called Groove Society. There was one guy imiating a drum set and it was PERFECT! Another guy imitated the bass and they actually did a Santana song where one guy imitated the electric guitar with his voice....and it was exactly the same sound! That was definately a highlight of the trip.But you know after so long of listening to jazz...you kind of get sick of it. So no more jazz for a few days, but enjoy some pictures from my trip!
emily, alexis, me, and karly before our performance

early in the morning!....lol....kade likes to ruin pictures

mr. bennett's son, braden. he's so cute!!!

mithley (colin's new name for mitch) and the ukulele!

conner and the ukulele...and yes...that is batman in the background. it's kade's blanket

COLIN and the ukulele.....the ukulele has kind of become a tradition on band trips

emily, kade......and daniel's elbow

conner and braden! how cute!

one of the MANY pictures we took to pass the time!

Oh Danielle! Our Senior Trip will be TEN THOUSAND times more exciting than this! I'm stoked about it! wahoo!
ReplyDeleteOH ME TOO! And yes I agree.....we'll take TEN THOUSAND times more pictures! And I'm just excited that it's just the three of us in a room! I'm just excited for everything! YAY!
ReplyDelete