Saturday, July 31, 2010

Let's Ponder Some Interesting Thoughts and Kick Ass Music!

First of all, I've just got to say that I LOVE Avenged Sevenfold's new album. Just watched an a7x interview talking about their new music and now I love it even more! 


So lately I've been swearing a lot. It's really quite a bad habit to get into, especially if you can't control it. I think I can...around certain people. I've always been told that swearing limits and diminishes your vocabulary. Well ya know what? It's kind of true! Even though swearing is kind of fun sometimes :), it's still a sin and I don't want to become one of those people who throws out swear words like it's not big deal, but can't think of a decent non-vulgar word when the time comes. I'm going to work on this little swearing problem I've got. 

But that reminds me of something else! I had an interesting thought the other day. Why is a swear word...a swear word? What makes it vulgar? Isn't it mostly just what we associate it with? It's the mindset isn't it? This thought is quite intriguing to me. And this is one of those times when I wish I had more followers so that I could talk about it! 

Another interesting point my mom brought up the other day. People always say "don't judge." That being judgmental is a bad thing. But where would we be without our judgment? Judging people is how we tell right from wrong, it's how we determine what's safe and what's dangerous. Is it really bad then to make judgments? Perhaps I will ponder this idea a bit longer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment