Idealism vs. Realism
Which one are you? An idealist or a realist? I've been asking myself this question all day. Is it better to hope and be optimistic or face reality dead on? For most of my life, I've been an idealist. I usually think pretty optimistically and I usually have a lot of hope. But lately, I've been facing some unfortunate situations and some downright shitty news. I see both sides of the situation at home. My mom is being idealistic and my dad is being realistic. Would it be better to have high hopes and be happy so that you only have to feel the pain if it happens? Or would it be better to face the reality and brace yourself for what is most likely to come? This is a difficult and troubling question for me. I naturally want to think like an optimist, I've always tried to look on the bright side of things. But lately...maybe it would hurt less if I thought differently...
No comments:
Post a Comment